Scammer Sandra Norris Attempts to Sell Me a Dodge Truck
I responded to Sandra’s online ad for a 1998 Dodge Truck and here are her replies:
from Sandra Norris <firstname.lastname@example.org>
Thank you for contacting me regarding my 1998 Dodge Ram 2500 HD.
129,750 miles on the clock, like new condition, no scratches, no dents, accident-free, clear title. There are no lien or loan on the car and I’m the registered owner with the title in hand. You will receive all the documents, including the title signed over to your name.
As you probably noticed, the price is rather low: $2,200. Unfortunately i have a personal problem and i need money ASAP.
The car is located in Portland, OR in my garage. A friend of mine is a DAS employee and can deliver the car anywhere in the US. The shipping is already paid for. You will have the car in front of your house in 2 days. You will also have 3 days to inspect the vehicle. If, by any reason, the car is not as described, or if you find any problems with it, I will pay for the returning fees. I’m sure it won’t be the case because it’s a state of art vehicle inside and out.
Please let me know if you want to reserve the car for you.
Sincerely, Sandra Norris
The total price is $2200
The transaction will be fully under Google’s surveillance, giving us both security and insurance since they offer the highest rate of safety and reliability during online transactions. They act as a neutral third party. Look how this works:
1. I will contact Google Checkout and give all the info about this deal.
2. They will email us the forms which are needed for our deal(invoice, payment instructions, buyer’s and seller’s protection policy)
3. You will send the money to Google Checkout and they will notify me to ship the truck to your location.
4. After you will inspect the truck and decide to keep it, Google Checkout will forward the funds to me once you have approved them to do so.
They will hold and insure your money until you will receive and test the truck.
I need your name and shipping address so I can reserve the truck for you and register the transaction with Google Checkout and they will contact you with all the instructions step by step on how to complete the transaction .
I will not delineate all the signs that tell me this is a scam — so as not to educate the scammer — but here are a few problems:
- Google Checkout does not offer such a service. It is called escrow and Google does not do escrow.
- No one, but no one offers free shipping of vehicles. It is not logical nor reasonable.
- “After you decide to keep it” — An inspection process for an escrow deal would be highly detailed. There is no detail here and the seller will never offer any detail because you will never see a vehicle — much less have the opportunity to ship a vehicle back to the seller.
Sandra and I had a nice phone conversation. She called me from 718-514-9578.