Warnings from an intended victim of fraud
Warnings from reader. He is right on target! Thanks, Alex!
Here is the e-mail I received from “Amy Miller” (email@example.com) in regards the Land Rover. Like I previously mentioned, 99.98% of the times in which a wire transfer is required and/or the vehicle is in another city or state it’s definitely a scam. The ‘modus-operandi’ here is as follows: the scammer obtains your basic information at first (as seen in the below email). Upon gathering this basic info, the scammer will send a ‘bill’ using a bogus eBay like site (professionally done, same graphics and similar web design) prompting you to make a payment either by wiring money by Western Union or a check. Upon receiving your hard earned money, instead of a Land Rover… landing time. Please note that PayPal is never an available option with a scammer. The sad part is that although it may sound like an “it’s too obvious that’s a scam” there are a lot of good faith people who are unaware of their tactics and are being victims of these crooks.
“My final price for suv is only $1,920.00. The shipping is free. You must pay only $1,920.00. The suv is already at the shipping company in Fort Collins, CO sealed and ready for the shipping. I have a contract with eBay so this deal must go through them. According with eBay you have 5 days from the time you receive the suv to inspect it and decide if you want to keep it or not.
Here is how it will work:
1. First of all I will need the following details from you:
- Full Name
- Full Shipping Address
- Phone #
2. After I will receive the details from you, I will forward them to eBay.
3. After they will process your info, they will send us both invoices. The invoice will send you the details on how to make a refundable payment.
4. eBay will contact me and I will ship the suv to you. After you receive the suv you will have 5 days to test, verify and do whatever you want with the suv. If you will buy it, then I will receive the payment details from eBay so that I can pick up the money.
5. If you will decide that you will not buy the suv, eBay will refund the money and I will have the shipping company come pick up my suv. If you wish to make the transaction, please send me the necessary info so that we can proceed. I look forward to hear from you.